As many of you already know, heylove was born in Barcelona and our store is here. But thanks to all of you, those who have followed us from the beginning and all of you who are joining us day after day, we feel that a little piece of us is in every corner of the world. We love beautiful traditions and a very special day is coming up for our city, although this year will be different.
Every April 23, the streets of Barcelona are filled with roses and books. As tradition marks, people go out in search of roses and give them to a special person, in exchange, they receive a book.
This year, with great regret, we will not be able to go out on the streets but... We get down to work and bring out our most creative side. Maybe they don't give us roses in person, and they don't give us books either, but we've had some ideas.
Edible roses , our sweetest alternative. Of course, very #realfooder
Another alternative for more artists: take out the brushes and watercolors. In addition to painting a rose, you can decorate some corner of your room.
We could not forget the Eternal Rose , one of the pieces of the OURSOUL collection. The rose represents the delicacy and magic of this day and turning it into a jewel makes it eternal. The rose is a symbol of love, friendship, sweetness and purity. It comes packaged in a small bottle that protects it. Also, you can buy only the piece or the complete necklace (with chain).
*Tomorrow, Monday, April 20, is the last day to buy it online and have it arrive on time. As you know, we only prepare packages 2 days a week and delivery times are a little slower than usual (in some cases).
If we already have the rose, now we just need to enjoy a good book. A few days ago we asked you which are your favorite books through Instagram and now we want to share all your answers. To our surprise, we agree with many of you and some other title is also on our shelves:
- My Island - Elisabet Benavent
- Marina - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- All the truth of my lies - Elisabet Benavent
- You're fine when it's you - Blanchoak
- The day you dream of wild flowers - Dulcinea (Paola Calasanz)
- The day the ocean looks you in the eye - Dulcinea (Paola Calasanz)
- The day you feel the beating of the stars - Dulcinea (Paola Calasanz)
- The Cathedral of the Sea - Ildelfonso Falcones
- Shoot, I'm already dead - Julia Navarro
- The Cuckoo's Song - Robert Galbraith
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis
- The Light We Lost - Jill Santopolo
- Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl
- The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
- The crooked lines of God - Torcuato Luca de Tena
- Lemon bread with poppy seeds - Cristina Campos
- The Cellar - Natasha Preston
- Red Queen / Black Wolf - Juan Gómez-Jurado
- The truth about the Harry Quebert case - Joël Dicker
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari - Robin Sharma
- The Day the Sky Falls - Megan Maxwell
- The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss
- We were songs and we will be memories - Elisabet Benavent
- The Vegetarian - Han Kang
- The Summer I Fell in Love - Jenny Han
- Fariña - Nacho Carretero
- Tell me who I am - Julia Navarro
With these ideas we can now join the Casa Batlló initiative. They propose to fill the balconies with roses and donate books to those who need it most. Let's all make a special Sant Jordi together!